Hydrangea Garland

 
Have you noticed that I've been posting more on flowers lately?  I've been reading a lot on floral arranging and practicing techniques along the way.  This blog has now become a flower journal for me too and I hope you don't mind.  One of the books I'm currently reading is by Jane Packer, and this is my version of a hydrangea garland she created.  She displayed it as a dramatic centerpiece like I did here.  Along with the main ingredient and hosta leaves from my sister-in-law's garden, I also included golden rod foraged from a field.  Some of the hydrangea blooms are past their prime, but since I was just experimenting, I wasn't worried about how perfect the flowers were.  Although, I do like the way the flowers blossom into a bright pink and then turn into a lovely shade of green and blush.   
 
          



0 comments:

Post a Comment