Black Butterflies

Yay! It's the first day of October!  It's one of my favorite months because it's fall, my wedding anniversary and Halloween all wrapped into one great month.  Let's step into Halloween with some unexpected inspiration.  I found some unusual images of black butterflies that I love.  Black butterflies for Halloween, weird or wonderful?  What do you think?  I think wonderful.

Black Cloud: Carlos Amorales Adorns Gallery Walls with Thousands of Black Paper Moths paper multiples installation butterflies
Black Cloud by Carlos Amorles via Colossal
 
This installation titled Black Cloud by Carlos Amorles is amazing.  I love the way it flows through the hallway giving the viewer the sense of a confined space surrounded by these black creatures.  It feels a bit like the Alfred Hitchock's "The Birds", but with butterflies.  You could try a smaller rendition of this on the walls of your home too.  

   
via Midwest Living magazine
 
Black butterflies adorn these orange and white pumpkins and one has even found its' way onto the plate.  It's fall meets spring and light meets dark.  Well hello there Halloween.  I've been waiting for you all year.
 
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment