In Bloom: Spring Flowers



Spring is coming and going here in Michigan.  One moment I go can out with a light spring coat and the next minute I have to haul out my winter jacket again.  I'm dreaming of spring with days full of sunshine, bike rides, and flowers.  To fulfill my need for flowers I'm starting a series called In Bloom.  We all know how flowers can add life to a party and everyday, so as I come across pretty little blooms from across the web I'll share them with you.  I'm trying to be a little adventurous and put together some of my own floral arrangements.  If they're not too embarrassing, I might share them here on the blog too.    

Here's an adorable idea from Midwest Living.  Chalk board paint on some white ceramic vessels were used to spell out "spring" and a variety of different flowers are placed in each vessel like tulips and forsythia.  Tulips are among my favorite flowers and I have some orange tulips sitting on my kitchen table right now.  Bright yellow forsythia bushes remind me of my childhood and my parents' house.  My parents had the bold buds growing both in their front and backyards as I was growing up.  Do you have a favorite spring time flower?  Which type and why? 

      

0 comments:

Post a Comment