basik 855

Throughout my life I've been asked the question, "Where are you from?", and usually I say, "I'm from x, a suburb north of Detroit."  Sometimes when I give that answer I get a weird look and then I see that that person meant, "Where are you from?"  Like, "What's your background?"  I'm Cambodian, I was born in Thailand and my parents and I were fortunate enough to come here to the United States when I was a toddler. 

That's my story and now you'll understand why I chose to feature basik 855 today.  The company offers fashion and home products in bold, modern patterns that are handwoven by artisians in Cambodia.  Daniel Flickinger started the Push Pull Cambodia Weaving Center in Takeo Province, Cambodia in 2009 which creates the designs and products for basik 855.  The goal of the Push Pull Cambodia Weaving Center and basik 855 is to stimulate a renaissance of Cambodian ikat so that the people of Takeo can make a better living—one rooted in their own customs.  Read more about the company and their story here.  Pretty fabulous, right?  Check out their site, buy and support. 
 
4. Lumbar Pillow - Basket 5.Lumbar Pillow - Mint Triangle


3 comments:

  1. Sous'dey! Thanks for featuring us. We're also running a kickstarter campaign to fund the production of our fall collection, which you can check out here: http://kck.st/12mVBfe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sous'dey to you too Leigh! It's absolutely my pleasure! I LOVE what the company is doing. I'll be sure to spread the word about the kickstarter campaign.

    ReplyDelete