Hand-Tied Bouquet



It's summer - my husband and daughter are out of school and I'm kind of in school for the summer and that's the reason you've seen less of me here at the blog.  I started off at the end of May taking The Style Lab course by the lovely ladies at Confetti Pop and learned a thing or two about photo styling.  If you have a blog, business or simply want to know a little more about photo styling, I highly recommend taking the course.   

At the moment, I'm taking Floral Arranging 101 with the talented Chelsea from Frolic.  I just finished my first week and made a first hand-tied bouquet!  That's it up there!  It's a start and I can only go up from here.  I've been tapping into my creative, girly side all while playing with flowers - I couldn't be happier.  

I love that in life you are constantly absorbing new knowledge and skills.  You can take control and make the decision to take the time and put in the work to learn something new.  Part of learning process is making mistakes, which for me is difficult to accept.  I love learning each lesson and attempting to do the homework assignments, but the critique - that's rough.  I'm only human, right?  I'm taking it much better now though then I did in my younger years. 

So that's what I've been up to.  I've been jumping into new things, improving myself and embracing change. I'll keep you posted on my progress.  How about you?  Are any of you taking any classes out there?  Are any of you interested in trying something new?

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment