6 Months and Counting

 
Cupcakes & Confetti is 6 months old today!  I can't believe I made it this far.  This time last year, I had no idea that I would have a blog.  Since the launch of Cupcakes & Confetti in June, a lot has changed here already.  I (Naree) do most of the blogging, tweeting, posts and pins.  Dara's life has become very busy and she just hasn't been able to devote the time that she would like to.  Maybe she'll pop in again, but until then it's just me.  But, I would like to thank my sister for getting me started.  Dara is the one who pushed me into the idea of starting this whole adventure.  I was intimidated and she, without fear, told me to just go for it and I couldn't be happier. 

Cupcakes & Confetti has become a creative platform for me, a grown up place for me.  If you read the "about" page, you would know that I background is in art.  I'm not an artist, but I appreciate and admire those who can create and inspire others with their work.  I not only like beautiful things, but I also like things that evoke emotion and thought.  I surrounded myself with art in my twenties and then my life evolved into being a devoted mother and my focus became my children.  This blog has brought time to think about myself and the things that I enjoy.  It has been a way for me to collect and share things that I love.  I thank anyone who has stopped by the blog for a glance, or who has followed on Pinterest or Twitter or who has "liked" our FB page.  By the way I could use some more likes, so hop on over there and hit the like button.  Anyway, back to the subject.  I thank you because you have been a part of reenergizing my creative spirit. 

I'd also like to thank Kate at 17th Avenue Designs for bringing our vision of the blog to life.  The design and colors are exactly what we wanted, it's like she read our minds.  If you need a blog makeover or are looking to start of a blog of your own, I highly suggest that you check out 17th Avenue Designs.  Kate is super relaxed and patient and absolutely wonderful to work with. 

I hope you've enjoyed Cupcakes & Confetti so far and I hope to bring more things that inspire great celebrations and that inspire life in the months (years?!) to come.  Thank you friends, I hope you continue to follow along with me on this journey.  XX 

0 comments:

Post a Comment