First Communion Party


If you've been following along, I've been posting here and there about my daughter's first communion.  If you missed it, you can read about it here and here.  The day finally arrived at the end of April and today I'm sharing how the party turned out.  I wanted the style to be sweet and feminine, so I decided on a palette of pale pink and gray.  When my daughter chose a dress that had some lace in it, I also added some touches of lace to the decor.  

 


The trellis pattern was scattered throughout, starting with the invitations I designed.  I also made napkin rings with the same trellis pattern. 


This light fixture hangs above my kitchen table.  I like to add special touches to unexpected places.  I also like placing decor up high so that your eye moves up, like the greens I added above the dessert table or the flowering branches I hung on some pendant lights. 



 

The cake and macarons were made by the wonderful Heather of Gracie Moonpie & Co.  I really admire Heather's attention to detail.  She didn't just make the cake, she asked me the right questions to ensure that the cake fit well with the overall style of the party.  As you can see, the gray cross and trellis pattern also found its' way onto the design of the cake.  If you live in Southeast Michigan and need something sweet made check out Gracie Moonpie & Co.  Their cakes taste as good as they look and Heather is an absolute joy to work with.   

  
My mother-in-law made cross shapped cookies and my mother made various mini desserts including coconut cheesecakes topped with mango.  It's so nice to have family who are willing to lend a hand.

   
  
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment