National Handwriting Day

January 23 is National Handwriting Day, which celebrates the art of handwriting.  If you've been following my blog, you know how much I adore pretty paper.  I'm also obsessed with faux calligraphy and all around beautiful handwriting.  Do you want to find out how to fake calligraphy for yourself?  Check out this post from Joelle Duff over at Something Charming or this post at Jones Design Company.  So, in celebration of National Handwriting Day, I challenge you to send a handwritten note to three people in your life.  Find some great paper and write a kind, thinking of you note.   In the age of email, it's always nice to receive a lovely handwritten note.  Let me know if you're going to join the fun.  Post a little something on the Cupcakes & Confetti FB page, tweet me or email some pics or a simple message letting me know if you've brightened somebody's day with your handwritten card.  If I receive enough photos, I may share some pics on the blog.  Happy handwriting friends!



  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naree, and thanks for reminding people about National Handwriting Day. Maybe you'd be interested in my Letter A Day project.

    During 2013, I am composing one handwritten letter per day and mailing it to anybody who asks, free. Two of my goals are to bring handwriting back into the world, and to connect people in this all-but-lost way.

    In less than three weeks -- thank you, Internet -- the Letter A Day project has reached 26 states in the U.S., plus Canada, Denmark, Australia, Finland, Ireland, the United Kingdom, India, Germany, Malaysia and South Africa.

    Requests are still tumbling in from territories all over, but there's room for more. Should I end up with more than 365 requests by the end of the year, I'll just keep going.

    Each recipient gets an original, somewhat newsy, most likely meandering but sincere letter, such as he or she might once upon a time have gotten from a friend or relative.

    If you or any of your friends ... I hope you tell your readers, too ... would like a letter, please visit my website (www.randyosborne.com) -- where I am not trying to sell anything, as you'll see, just keeping the requests in one place -- and scroll to the "email me" button at the bottom of the page. Send me your postal address. That's all you have to do. :) And please spread the word.

    There's also a Facebook page, public to Facebook users:

    https://www.facebook.com/narrative.urge

    Thanks again, and cheers.

    ReplyDelete