Hello, February!



Hello, February!  Is is too late to say hello to February?  I don't think it's too late.  Well I had this post all planned out for the first day of February and then the flu hit me.  Blah!  The cold and flu season has been rough on my household. I've been trying to recover from my battle, while taking care of the other sickies in my family and I'm also trying to catch up on all the everyday things I missed while I was sick, so you can see why I had to put the blog on the back burner. 

Now, let's talk about some good things -Valentine's Day.  Swoon...what a sweet little holiday.  I love the pops of color and life that Valentine's Day brings to winter, as well as, the nostalgia that it brings to me.  Remember in elementary school when you constructed the little mail boxes made of an old shoe box to catch all the Valentine's Day cards?  You would decorate it with red construction paper, white doilies and stickers.  I get to relive those days with my oldest daughter now.  We brainstorm ideas and then we get to put together little goodie bags and cards for her classmates.  It's such a great way to bond with the people in our lives.  

Another great thing about February - the Oscars.  Many of us girls anticipate the glamour and glitz of this night.  Some of us have viewing parties of our own and play fashion police and I'm no exception.  I love to see who's wearing what and who's wearing what well.  That's what I love about February.  Tell me, what do you love about it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment