It's Her Business

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the blog.  I feel like I haven't been contributing enough.  I want to do more and I want Cupcakes & Confetti to be more.  I want to create conversation and a community.  I really didn't know where I was going with this and then a Facebook post from a personal friend sparked an idea in my brain.  My friend posted a bunch of photos of some of her friends' creative businesses.  I've had a long time passion for art and design and a general love for creatives.  I studied artists in school and I went onto work to help promote artists and I thought to myself "Why am I not doing this now with the blog?".  I should do what I know and do what I love.  

These thoughts have lead me to start a series called "It's Her Business".  I would like this series to be a space that highlights, encourages and supports small creative businesses owned by women. I would like you to get to know a little more about the women behind the businesses.  I would like this to be a space where you can find out about these businesses and hopefully, eventually buy from them and help support them.  To help It's Her Business grow, I need a little help from you too.  I'm on the hunt for well designed, well crafted work.  Do you have a friend, neighbor or relative who has a creative business that you want others to know about?  Do you have a creative business?  I want to hear from you.  Don't be shy.  Contact me.  I would love to see and learn about all the amazing work out there and the women behind them.  I would like this to become a community of talented, creative women that supports one another.  Later this week, I'll introduce you to the first woman in this series.  I can't wait for you to meet her. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment