Winter Tabletop Part 1

 

I was flipping through an issue of Midwest Living and stumbled across an idea for a tabletop inspired by the tundra.  The centerpiece included a bowl of rocks and artifical snow and I wanted to try it out.  I would describe midwest style as traditional and approachable, which the idea is. 

Well, I'm obessed with all things French and lately I've been drawn to some designs where the outline of natural elements or everyday objects are modernized and simplified and then presented in a playful manner.  So, I married these two concepts from Midwest Living and French design and this is how it turned out.  I placed light colored rocks on a flat glass plate and sprinkled on some artifical snow and placed some cold climate creatures around the plate.  Going with a palette of white and gray, I made the mountains in simple triangle shapes for both the centerpiece and napkin rings out of scrapbook paper and card stock.  I finished the napkin rings off with natural looking twine.  What do you think?  Come back later to check out part 2 of this post.

 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment